Thursday, June 10, 2004

Why am I still awake?

I guess I am lucky. My three-month old baby girl sleeps "through the night" from around 9 p.m. to about 5 or 6 a.m. with only minor fussing in between.
But that still means I am getting up every day at 5 in the morning. Not cool.
I developed a problem with insomnia during college, or maybe my body just adjusted to a customary 6 hours sleep a night. Either way, unless I am so tired my eyes are shutting themselves, it is sometimes hard to fall asleep...which I guess is why the baby is sleeping now and I am not, even though I really really want to and should be.
This is pretty much a daily thing. I'll stay up and try to read a book, until my husband gets up for work and practically carries me back to bed.
I suppose waking up at 5 a.m. wouldn't be that bad if I didn't stay up until 10 or 11 at night.
It's like I'm still living college hours, but I am too old and busted to keep up with myself. Sad. And I'm only 25!

No comments: