Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Katie Kisses "Today" Goodbye

I hate Katie Couric. I can't explain why. This hoopla over her departure is ridiculous and annoying.
Here's what Katie said about her shift to "hard news"

"I read things with a much more jaundiced eye than I used to because I, from personal experience, have been made aware of the panoply of inaccuracies that go unchecked and unchallenged every day. "


Shut up!
When you use a word like "panoply" in an interview, you are just trying to make people think you are smart because they will have to look that word up to find out what the hell you are talking about.

pan·o·ply
Pronunciation: 'pa-n&-plE
Function: noun
1 a : a full suit of armor b : ceremonial attire
2 : something forming a protective covering
3 a : a magnificent or impressive array b : a display of all appropriate appurtenances



It reminds me of the "Friends" episode where Joey got word of the day toilet paper.

1 comment:

cube said...

Good riddance, I say. I won't watch either show so I don't care whose camera she flounces for.