Tuesday, July 11, 2006

All Growns Up...(UPDATED)

As if the steady onward march toward 30 wasn't enough to remind me that I am indeed an oldster, my friends are helping to remind me by getting married and having babies along with me which makes it super hard to maintain my delusion that I am a teen mom and thus still young and fresh.

Lookee here...of my friends from high school who I still am in contact with, four are single and five are married and/or have kids.
College friends are no better...six are married with kids, three are married no kids and only THREE are single and one of those singletons is living with a guy she's been dating for like 12 years, so she may as well be married.

UGH!
Oh well, at least we're all making cute babies.

**Update** She hasn't posted it to her blog yet, but Meredith just became my latest friend to have a baby. Her son Brendan Michael was born July 11, 2006 at 1:51 am. He was 8 pounds, 7.8 ounces. That's a big baby!
Congrats Meredith and Kevin!!

6 comments:

eva said...

I'm nowhere NEAR getting married. Doesn't that make you feel better? It's also extremely unlikely that I'm getting knocked up anytime soon, so rest easy. I'll happily remind you of your youth anytime. Remember that time we played pool at the 'Tina on a school night with a certain foxy sports editor? I do. Lucky girl....

Jessica said...

Oh yeah, add one more married no kids and two singletons to that college total...stupid Aggie people always creeping up on me. I initially just included the dorm friends...but Love you! Bunches!

And yes, a personal gold star...too bad about that girlfriend he had. Ah well.

Anonymous said...

I hope I am included in your count! Like Sleezy, no plan on getting married or having kids anytime soon, even though Matt and I live together. We're going to be the 40-year-old couple who just never got around to making it official.
-Ali

Jessica said...

Of course you're in the count! One of the singletons!

Hilary & Greg said...

Sign me up with va and Ali. we may never have actually "met," Jessey, but I'm an aggie bud nonetheless, right?

Jessica said...

Of course! One more singleton...it's just getting worse!