Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Vanity

Last week I went with my friends Mandi and Lia to their indoor tanning appointment. They go every day during their lunch break.
When we were there, I thought, hey, why not? So I bought a month of unlimited tanning for $30. Not a bad price.

The tanning chamber is like a giant metal shower stall with tons of fluorescent lights from floor to ceiling, all the way around. Actually, the tanning booth is BIGGER than my shower, but, that's another story for another day.

I went in there (totally in the buff to get a nice all over tan) and pushed the button to turn on the lights. They are freaking bright! Even with the goggles on, the light was glowing green through my eyelids, all green.

Because I was a novice indoor tanner, I started out with five minutes in the booth. It was super loud, hot, bright. It was Clockwork Orange with nice lotions.

I've only gone three times (on my lunch breaks) but I'm getting all nice and brown already. I love it!
So what if it's totally vain and kind of bizarre. I look hot!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I LOVE tanning!!! It is awesome. I totally miss it - I promised I'd never go again after my wedding, since I have the super-fair cancer prone skin. You lucky dawg!