Wednesday, December 12, 2007

This ain't Charlotte's Web

Elizabeth just came RUNNING out of her brother's room in a full panic.

"Mom! MOM! I just saw a spider in my brother's room and it's moving and it's NOT DEAD and it's REAL and it's CRAWLING!!!!"

Suppressing every urge to laugh that was coursing through my veins I very calmly asked her, "How big is it?" because anything bigger than a fingertip was going to require sealing off of Dylan's room until Bob arrived home.

"It's teeny!" she said, indicating with her fingers the size of the spider. Teeny indeed. I could tackle teeny.
"Yeah, it's teeny," she continued. "Like the rubber band I swallowed. It's teeny."
The rubber band is a story for another day. But suffice it to say that I was confident the spider was teeny.

I went into Dylan's room to attack the spider and found it hiding behind the space heater aka "The Warm"
Indeed it was small. Thank goodness! It was probably a baby Daddy Long Legs. Baby Daddy. Heh.

Anyway, I'm not a hippie so I squished it.
And the case of the horrible terrible no good very bad spider was closed!
Ta-da!

No comments: