Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Just be glad that you are you and not me

Ok.
I've just been diagnosed with an inflammation of the inner ear which is causing symptoms of vertigo, nausea and vomiting. Fun stuff. What I thought was extra bad morning sickness was probably all related to this super fun ear inflammation. It's called Labyrynthitis.
The BEST part is that eh, there's really not much I can do about it apparently. I have an appointment with an ENT this week, but unless I have a bacterial infection (for which they can prescribe antibiotics) I am kind of screwed. But I'm not entirely wishing for a bacterial infection since it can cause hearing loss. Total hearing loss.
So yeah, this is a fun time to be me.
While I wait to see the doctor the world spins around me. I had this EXACT same problem at the age of 19 and the docs wanted to do an MRI, I had a CT scan at that time too. I expect to have to repeat those lovely procedures this time as well. I can't wait.
Meanwhile, my dad had two heart attacks and is awaiting quadruple bypass surgery in Las Vegas. He was traveling between SoCal and Texas and that's as far as he got. He's been in the hospital for over a week and a half now. There were really hideous complications that he needed an operation for before they could even think about doing the heart surgery. And while all that is going on, his sister is dying of brain cancer in New Jersey. My mom was here for two weeks, helping me out with the baby and stuff, and SHE got herpes in her EYE! What the fuck! I wasn't even aware that that could happen. AND Bob almost got hit by lightning in our front yard two days ago.
Whoever put this curse on me, please remove it!

No comments: