Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dylan - Nine Month Checkup


This is a week late! Egad, what a bad mother!

OK, so Dylan had the nine-month checkup last week. No shots! Yay! Though, as a consolation prize, he did have to get blood drawn for a CBC panel and I guess just to make sure everything was as it should be. Since I haven't heard from the doc on that, I assume everything is fine...now watch the phone ring and BLAMMO my kid is a leper or he can't ever drink diet pop or whatever.

Dylan
Nine months
Height: 28.5 inches (3.5 inches shorter than Mini-Me), 50th percentile.
Weight: 19 lbs, 6 oz (about as much as this tent), 25th percentile.
Head circumference: a staggering 48 cm, putting him in the 99th percentile for this particular measurement. He's a bighead. It's cool.

Astounding!

8 comments:

cube said...

That's good. No problems. I think Baby D's head is well-proportioned.

Jessica said...

He's got big eyes and a big mouth too. It all works for him.

Meredith said...

Brendan's 2-month head measurement was 15 cm, so the doc says his small head is in the 10th percentile. Your kid has a big head, mine is small...it's all good.

Jessica said...

I plugged Dylan's measurements into this growth percentile calculator and his head size came back as OVER 100th percentile, which is crazy and impossible, but I take it to mean really friggin big.

Jessica said...

I would laugh, but he did fall over onto his face yesterday. Just, plop! right over onto his big big head.
He sits up just fine usually, but he does have bighead issues.

Chris said...

Wow, he and Marcus are almost identical in body size (discounting your boy's huge noggin). Dylan is half an inch taller and 3 oz heavier.

Jessica said...

I think that can be attributed to Marcus having TWO tall parents whereas my boy is stuck with me, Shorty McGee.

Chris said...

Could be. Athena continues to get things that should be* out of reach. It's quite disturbing, the things she gets a hold of.

*In theory