Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dylan: Wordsmith Extraordinaire

For this edition of What the Heck is Dylan Saying!?! we'll explore some of his new and most fun phrases...

"No Mommy! No song!" or alternatively "No Mommy! No dance!"
This is devastating. I fancy myself a quadruple threat! Singer, dancer, actress and kickboxer!

"I can't seeeeee youuuu!!"
Which he says while shutting his eyes tight and moving his head side to side. Sort of like Peekaboo, but for crazy people.

"Doh-wah! Boots! Pack-pack! Awwww man! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMap!"
All the characters on his Dora potty seat. They ALL must be named before he can even THINK about pooing or peeing.

"I went poo-poo in pants." or "I want poo-poo in da potty."
Both currently said after the poo threat has passed.
If you hear this from him, get a baby wipe.

"I want sssssnnnnnnnow!"
Self-explanatory.

"I want deedle deedle" means he wants to be tickled.
"I want whee whee whee" means he wants to hear "This Little Piggy..." complete with whee whee whee all the way home ending.

He's also learning to count from 1 to 10. His favorite numbers are "Fi! Sicky!" which he says whenever he sees any number be it 5 or 6 or 2 or 47.

He tries to sing along when we do the Alphabet Song too. He gets ABCD ok. EFG, eh, not so great. HIJK better than EFG.
LMNOP becomes "bla da bla da P"
The rest is a jumble until TUV and then peters out when he waits for "Now I know my ABCs..."
He ends the song with a nice resounding "Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

Dylan is also trying to say Elizabeth, but it comes out E-Bits-Uh-Bith...close enough.
It's also remarkable how many cartoon characters he can name -- from Mickey to Tigger to Stewie from Family Guy.

In two months he'll be giving health care reform speeches and hypothesizing about the reasons behind the bottoming out of the sub-prime mortgage market and joining his mom in discussions on Britney Spears' crazy ass.

No comments: