Friday, February 22, 2008

Oh yeah, this is happening too...

The OSCARS!!
Duh.
I totally forgot about this amid all the surgery, sickness and Top Model talk. I've picked Whitney to win, while Bob has chosen Amis, for what it's worth. Elizabeth is also in the game this season, err cycle...she's picked Kimberley. My pick for first girl to be ousted from the journey toward becoming America's Next Top Model...Katarzyna.

ANYWAY....

Since I've seen NONE of the nominated movies, as we've previously discussed, what follows is a totally uninformed and completely speculative picks list.

Here is the list of nominees (in the categories I care about):
My picks are bolded...feel free to post your picks so we can battle on Sunday night!

Performance by an actor in a leading role
George Clooney in "Michael Clayton"
Daniel Day-Lewis in "There Will Be Blood"
Johnny Depp in "Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"
Tommy Lee Jones in "In the Valley of Elah"
Viggo Mortensen in "Eastern Promises"

Performance by an actor in a supporting role
Casey Affleck in "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"
Javier Bardem in "No Country for Old Men"
Philip Seymour Hoffman in "Charlie Wilson's War"
Hal Holbrook in "Into the Wild"
Tom Wilkinson in "Michael Clayton"

Performance by an actress in a leading role
Cate Blanchett in "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"
Julie Christie in "Away from Her"
Marion Cotillard in "La Vie en Rose"
Laura Linney in "The Savages"
Ellen Page in "Juno"

Performance by an actress in a supporting role Always a tough pick!
Cate Blanchett in "I'm Not There"
Ruby Dee in "American Gangster"
Saoirse Ronan in "Atonement"
Amy Ryan in "Gone Baby Gone"
Tilda Swinton in "Michael Clayton"

Best animated feature film of the year
"Persepolis"
"Ratatouille"
"Surf's Up"

Achievement in directing
"The Diving Bell and the Butterfly", Julian Schnabel
"Juno", Jason Reitman
"Michael Clayton", Tony Gilroy
"No Country for Old Men", Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
"There Will Be Blood", Paul Thomas Anderson

Best motion picture of the year
"Atonement"
"Juno"
"Michael Clayton"
"No Country for Old Men"
"There Will Be Blood"


And of course, the over/under on number of times Barack Obama is mentioned: 5
And, over/under on number of times anyone says anything about "global warming": 8


In other important picks...
Who will "win" Flavor of Love 3? My pick=Grayvee...love that name!
Rock of Love2? (ahem, Maribeth) My pick=Ambre, even with her crazy eyes
Big Brother 9? My pick=Allison/Ryan though I hate them all
Survivor? My pick=Penner
ANTM? My pick, as previously mentioned="plus-size" Whitney

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no picks either. But here's my Oscar Story.

David to Mom: We're getting married February 29.

Mom: That's the day of the oscars! People may not come.

David: If someone's not coming to my wedding b/c of the Oscars, I saw F**K 'em. I don't want them there anyway.

Maribeth said...

Rock of Love II... well I am finally getting into it. I am not surprised who Brett dumped last night... hate to say it but it was the not so attractive girls (not that I think the others are attractive but these 2 looked like they are stuck in the 80s and probably went to a few Poison back then too). I don't know who my pick is yet...I actually like Ambre and can't quite figure out what she is doing there. He will probably pick Daisey or Meghan (boy is she into herself).

Maribeth said...

...a few Poison CONCERTS... is what I meant to type

Jessica said...

It took me awhile and I couldn't quite figure it out, but Megan looked soooo familiar to me....
I finally realized she was the winner of that Beauty and the Geek show a while back...
Hmmm...reality ho? Perhaps.
Daisy...ugh. Just, ugh.

Maribeth said...

OMG what a reality ho! Yuck!