Friday, July 31, 2009

Turning a New Leaf

As I'm coming to the end of this mega-vacation from my everyday reality, I've been thinking a lot about what lies ahead for me.

Going home, but to what? To my loving husband and my home and my insane cats, yes. But also to a place where I've gotten into some very bad habits, things that need changing.

I've already sort of turned on the switch in my brain that says, enough is enough! There's already been a perceptible shift in my way of thinking about some aspects of my life, things I have seen myself failing at that I know I can change. I have a certain degree of confidence that I can keep the momentum going as I leave vacationland and return to The Real World.

It's just a month now (about) until I turn 31, egad, and I'm nowhere near where I planned to be by this point in my life. So many plans I've let wither on the vine. So much energy I've expended on all the wrong things.

No matter, a journey of a thousand miles and all that...
I've already taken my first steps and I plan to keep taking all the steps left between where I am, and where I want and need to be. Basically I'm walking toward a happier, healthier, less stressed, more fulfilled version of myself.

It took me 31 years to get here, so I don't expect to turn it all around in a few weeks, but great achievement doesn't come without great sacrifice and great toil and I'm absolutely up to the task.

7 comments:

Kenna said...

You go girl! I am right there with ya!!! Or at least I want to be.

Anonymous said...

But what changes are you planning on implementing? Where did you want to be? I, as usual and as expected, do none of the things I say I am going to. Instead I just surf the same stupid websites and work on my stupid farm when the girls are asleep.

Jessica said...

well, I did already go in and scale back my Facebook apps. Which was WAY out of control. Don't worry, I'm still doing Farmtown and Parking Wars, both are fast!

:)

Oh, and Scrabble, of course, I love that one.

Also, I'm gonna exercise every day, whether it's walking to get the mail or doing the machine at home. Just something.
I'm cutting out ALL fast food....sniffle. McD's hashbrowns, I will miss you.
More drinking water, less wine...again, sadly.

I'm also going to get up every day and no matter what as I make my coffee I will say "Today I am grateful for/that..." and then you know whatever it is...just to try to get into the right frame of mind to start off the day instead of my usual grumbling and grouchiness.

Also, as if that wasn't enough, I'm going to purposefully do one nice thing for my husband every day even if I don't want to :) LOL
I think that will go a long way toward improving our sometimes prickly interactions...

Oh, and cleaning my house more....ugh, not excited about that one at all.

Anonymous said...

Scrabble! I rarely do Parking Wars anymore, and am about to quit Farmtown soon, I think.

Jessica said...

You gotta do what you gotta do!

Jessica said...

Could you please do more posts about Big Brother? I would like to talk about that til the end of time.

:)

Jessica said...

Ha ha! OK Jess!