Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Yikes! Where have I been?

It's been waaaay too long since I posted an update.
What a slacker!

It's my birthday today! I'm now 20-12 aka 32. Boo.
I wish Bob could be here to celebrate with me. But alas. He is working in NorCal. Which is good. Very good.
The kids and I are still stationed at mom's house while we save money to move up to Vacaville.
Good times.
Liz has started first grade! WOW. Time flies.
Dylan starts preschool on Sept. 20 and Benjamin is pathologically obsessed with dinosaurs.
Maybe obsessed isn't the right word. Consumed. His every waking thought is about dinosaurs.
I taught him how to say Happy Birthday to me this morning and immediately after saying it his eyes lit up and he said "Dinosaur party!"

Oy.

Tonight I am having a sushi dinner with mom and friends and some champagne and prosecco. It's my tradition to have champagne on my birthday, even if I secretly hate my birthday. I think I even more secretly love my birthday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still waiting for you to move up here. There are THREE houses for sale on my street alone. There will be primo Christmas card photo opps once the snow starts and the moose head back into the neighborhood.

Kenna said...

Yay! Happy birthday!

Jessica said...

Amy! I definitely want to travel to Alaska and visit. Believe it or not, I have other friends who live in Alaska. I got peeps everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Do any of them live near me? I need friends, and you can vouch for me that despite my just sitting and staring at them, I will eventually open my mouth and be super cool!