Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Cagle's Baby-Mama Drama

If it wasn't so incredibly sad, I would laugh.
Oh, but then I got down to the part where it says the baby was named Cannon Dale and I did laugh.
I wonder what prompted the paternity test so soon after the baby was born. It must have been quite OBVIOUSLY not his child, otherwise, why test.
And by OBVIOUSLY I mean, it must have had blue eyes and Chris Cagle has brown eyes, or something like that, yeah, something like that.

On second thought: maybe the kid just had a totally weird blood type, or one that would not result from the combination of supposed parents...like the mom is A- and the dad is O+ and the baby is AB-, it just wouldn't happen.
Maybe that's it.
Yikes for the girlfriend, in any case.

2 comments:

cube said...

Chris Cagle? Don't think I know him, but eye color can be tricky. It doesn't happen often, but even brown-eyed parents can have a blue-eyed child. Genetics is a crap shoot.

DNA is the only sure way to know if someone's been naughty or nice.

Jessica said...

Oh yeah, brown eyed parents can for sure have a blue eyed child, but blue eyed parents can't have a brown eyed child.
Add into the mix the fact that lots of babies start out with blue eyes and then they change, and I think maybe eye color isn't the best indicator of who's yer daddy.
Though, if you watch Maury Povich you know that most wanna-not-be dads will argue that differing nose shapes from father to child will show a definite lack of paternity. Despite that obvious physical evidence, many babies with different nose shapes than their accused fathers actually end up being biologically theirs...go figure.
My daughter popped out of the womb a mini-Bob (my husband) so I was A-OK.