Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Estoy celosa

While I am staying home with my lovely kids, wiping runny noses, doing laundry and vacuuming one of my college friends is having amazing adventures.

Eleeza is treking all over Africa and the Middle East in what we call the State Department Watch List Tour. She's swimming in the Persian Gulf, visiting monuments and enjoying the baking hot African heat. But she's having fun, and she's out of the house. So that's nice. Her pictures are amazing, I recommend clicking on the link to her travel blog.

It's not like I WANT to go to Khan al-Khalili, Dubai or Durban but I want to go SOMEWHERE! Somewhere that doesn't start with a W and end with an -almart. Even the Supercenter is not as cool as this:







Photos courtesy of Eleeza from Eleeza is Elsewhere

6 comments:

cube said...

Let's ask Ms. Doolittle what she was doing this last Sunday, shall we. What? She didn't have little snotrags running around wishing her a happy mother's day because she doesn't have children? Darn, she's one lucky broad! Yo tambien estoy celosa ;-)

elmers brother said...

If it wasn't for Uncle Sam I would have passed on the Middle East tour.

Jessica said...

She is indeed one lucky chica.
Apparently, and I find this funny, though she's Armenian she was being bombarded with Spanish in one of her destination countries. I suppose the Mediterranian flair and dark hair and eyes against the light skin made her appear Spanish...who knew?

eva said...

Sisi! Soy espanola! That was in cairo, by the way. Hilarity. And I have to tell you, it's far safer to be walking around a Middle Eastern city at night than in downtown Anywheresville, USA. Wayyy safer.

Although, in Dubai now, I may as well be in Anywheresville, USA. I've had Starbucks twice, and KFC once. I don't even eat KFC in the US. But here, it's an exotic option. Today I opted for the China Palace counter at the food court. My friend went for the KFC. Crazy peeps.

eva said...

p.s. thanks for the shoutout, j-momma! But I plan to collect royalties on those photos. I kid! Maybe...

Jessica said...

Royalties?! You're crazy!
I make no money from this blog...but if I did, I'd certainly toss some change your way!