Tuesday, June 06, 2006

This is a bad Omen

"The Omen" gets remade?!?

Why? In the name of all that is unholy...why?


The FIRST "Omen" is classic! It's perfect. There's no reason to cheapen it's memory by subsituting Gregory Peck with Liev Schrieber...ugh.

Though, I must admit, that is a tidy bit of casting. See, in the original "Omen," the photographer Keith Jennings (who evenutally gets decapitated) is played by David Warner, who later made an appearance as the drama teacher and mentor of Sydney Prescott in "Scream 2" which of course features Liev Schrieber as "is he the killer?" Cotton Weary.

In the NEW "Omen" the central role of Keith Jennings seems to have been reduced, it's far down on the cast list and is played by David Thewlis whose last "big movie" was Basic Instinct 2.

So, really, WHY? Why don't they just remake "The Shining" and "Psycho" shot for shot...oh wait...
Now I'm just waiting for the "Citizen Kane" and "Casablanca" remakes. They're coming. These arrogant Hollywood bastards. You can't improve perfection. Just leave it be!

2 comments:

cube said...

Hmmm, sounds like 7 degrees of so what. Not a good reason for the casting or to remake a perfectly good movie. Basically they have no original ideas.

Jessica said...

I obviously couldn't agree more.
"The Omen" is one of my favorite horror movies. My favorite holiday is Halloween, and until I had kidlets, I'd stay home with candy and watch horror movies on H-ween.
Alas, now I prowl the streets looking for sugary handouts. My, how times have changed.