Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Accosted by Praise

Today I went to Safeway to pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables and some other grocerial needs (yes, I just made that word up, go ahead and steal it).

While standing in the checkout line, some ladies who were in the paper towels aisle decided that they loved my little Dylan and started talking and cooing to him. He, being the flirt he is, loved it and did a little dance in the cart for them.
What a heartbreaker!

Then, after I had loaded my things into my trunk and was putting Dylan in his carseat, a woman came up to me in the parking lot.

"That's a little boy, right?"
"Yes," I said.
"You were in the same aisle I was in there, and he's just a beautiful child. Just beautiful."
"Oh, thank you!" I said, as I hurriedly snapped him into his carseat, fears of babysnatchers running through my head.
"And the girl, she's so lovely, such big eyes!"
"Thank you. Have a great day!" I said and quickly went around and buckled Elizabeth into her seat as well...

Luckily the woman was just overly in love with my admittedly gorgeous kids and was not a babysnatcher...though, she may have been SLIGHTLY tipsy...another story, another day...

3 comments:

eva said...

Well, they are the cutest damn kids EVER. So no big surprise there. :)

Bern said...

Well, if I met you at Safeway, I might have said the same thing. Because they are really so cute!!

Jessica said...

Dylan looks so chunky cheeks in this picture!
He's not so chunky monkey anymore!