Saturday, January 03, 2009

My Mom Went Home


And of course, I miss her.
It really stinks to be so far away from the kids' only real grandmother. She loves the kids so much, it's crazy ridiculous.

We do get to see mom a lot. Every Christmas, Easter Break and for a long visit in the summer and more recently we've added the Columbus Day four-day weekend to our itinerary.

But it's never enough.

Dylan cried buckets this morning when she left, and last night while we were preparing the kids for her departure this was the exchange....


Nani: I'm going home tomorrow. Back to *my* house.

Dylan: I will go with you to your home.

Nani: Oh no, you can't come with me. I have to go back to work. What will you do all day when I'm at work?

Dylan: I will watch TV!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks just like you.

Andrea said...

Sad. I am always sad when my mom leaves. Why won't they move in just down the street from us?

Jessica said...

I know! I want the same thing! There's a house about two houses up from us for sale that my mom claims to love, but she'll never move here unless there's at LEAST a Trader Joes and maybe a Target.
The woman loves to shop.

Jessica said...

PS When Nani called to let us know she got home OK Dylan got on the phone and said...

"Nani! I want you back!"


How that doesn't break a heart, I don't know!

Jessica said...

That is so sweet! My mom already tells me she loves my embryo more than anyone else. And it's the opposite with us- she begs to move here every time we speak. I always manage to change the subject. :)

Anonymous said...

Seeing as how you're the one who moved away. . .

Jessica said...

Yeah...I know...