Wednesday, April 30, 2008

what was I going to say???

I've got 12 days until the baby is out of me! Yay!
I'm exhausted.
EX-HAUSTED!
Not that it will get much better after he's born, but at least my mom will be here! And I fully plan to sleep in the hospital as much as I can.
This little baby is sapping all my energy and then using it to kick out a jam on my kidneys. STOP IT BABY!

The last three days have been the worst.
I usually find myself tired by 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Today I am already tired, and it is just 10:30 in the morning.
I only just woke up three hours ago and I'm already falling asleep here. This is not good.

I read this passage from an article on Dr. Spock's website. Not MR. Spock. Doctor.

If you have other children, it can be hard to make time to rest. Try to lie down at the same time your other children are napping. If they don't nap, try telling them it is quiet time and Mommy needs to rest.


Oh my goodness I about died laughing, but I was too tired to laugh.
Telling MY ANGELS that "mommy needs to rest" is ill-advised. They would interpret that as the signal from on-high to destroy, destroy, destroy!!! Or worse yet, escape! Dylan pulled off a fantastic escape yesterday. I wasn't even sleeping. He's good. Elizabeth came running in from the front deck (which I THOUGHT was gated off) yelling "Dylan went down the stairs!!!"
I found him about 40 feet away, just wandering around clad in only a diaper, SpongeBob shoes and a guilty face. I have no idea how he ungated the stairs.
Are you reading this Meredith?? :)

Anyway, normal late pregnancy fatigue aside, I've also run out of coffee, which is HORRIBLE! TERRIBLE!!! Truly unthinkable. It's heinous.
This delicious drink was the only thing keeping me awake for the last nine months. I have had zero coffee for the last three days. It's starting to hurt.
Not that I drink SO MUCH coffee, but dang, I need at least one good cup to get going. Maybe two.
Cutting down to zero is not working for me.
I'm not supposed to go into town until tomorrow, but I might have to make the trip today JUST to buy coffee. I can't live like this!
Seriously. I'm about to eat the coffee grounds from three days ago. Or attempt to re-brew them. It's bad. It's real bad.
I have to shake this off. I have things to do and remember and clean and..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In other news:
You'd think I'd have have tons of gray hair, with my children conspiring against me constantly, but no. I checked. No gray hair, yet.
I'm sure the TWO boys will get to work on that ASAP, STAT. Check. Done.

I can't keep my eyes open much longer. For real. I'm going to have to tie the children to something and take a nap.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I am totally naive, thinking I could keep my little boy gated forever. Why do little boys wander? What do they think they are going to find???

No coffee is a serious problem. I suggest you go into town, asap. Coffee is my elixir of life!

Love ya :) Cannot WAIT to see this baby!

Jessica said...

My little boy is on a perpetual quest to find the REAL SpongeBob. That's what he was muttering about when I made him come back inside yesterday...

I did end up going into town to get coffee, and a few other necessities...SpongeBob fruit snacks and "waffers" at the top of that list.
I've only had two sips of coffee, but I already feel alive again!